Ann Federolf: Robbery First Degree

Annette "Ann" Federolf was born about 1902 in Minnesota. I did not find her maiden name. She married Walter Richard Federolf and they divorced by 1940 census.



Inmate #50296 San Quentin
Rec: 23 May 1931
Crime: Robbery 1st degree
Term: 5-life
She was later transferred to the new women's prison Tehachpi in 1933.

Ann met Raymond C West and they fell in love. He was married too. He held up his employer Jean Burt and killed him during the robbery. Ann was the look out and claims she inspired him to commit the robbery.









Raymond C West was the son of George C West County Treasurer. His mother was Mary F.

Raymond's San Quentin records





Inmate #50148 San Quentin
Rec: 25 Apr 1931
Crime: Murder
Term: Death commuted by Governor to Life





Here are some newspaper clipping I found about their hold up and trial and his hanging.








I did not find any more articles so I do not know if he was ever caught and I never found a death record.

I also never found any records of Ann getting out of prison, like census or death records.

I wonder if they ever saw each other again, and why she would through her life away for love? Well I guess Bonnie and Clyde had they same kind of adventure but they became famous.



Comments