Chew Lan Ong: 1st degree Murder, Was He Innocent?

Chew Lan Ong was born in California in 1872 and was accused and convicted of killing his nephew Gin Do Hing 15 years old.



Inmate #20619 San Quentin
Rec: 5 May 1904 from San Francisco
Crime: Murder 1st Degree 
Term: Death 












Chew Lan Ong had no prior criminal records and at his execution his last words were he was innocent.










What if he was telling the truth??? He died bravely he was 32 years old.

I did not find any family information or any other information on Chew.

Chew you were a brave fella and if you were innocent or not I hope you are at peace. I am proud to have met you though I wish it would of been in different circumstances. I bet you had some wonderful family stories to tell and I would of like to of written them down for you.




Comments