Voris Egbert Bee: Dyer Act

Voris Edward Bee was born 8 Dec 1917 in Indiana to Charles E Bee (1880-1929) and Nancy Odessa "Dessie" Pipes (1884-1965).

Voris first got into trouble as a teenager when he was sent to the Indiana Reform School for boys, for fighting until his 21st birthday. In Evansville, IN Oct 1922. he was discharged before he was 21 on 4 Sep 1924.


Voris became Inmate #26862 Leavenworth
Rec: 19 Jan 1927 from Indianapolis, IN
Crime: Dyer Act
Term" 30 Months
Age: 19
Occupation: Plumber

The Dyer Act is a U.S. federal legislation aimed to supplement states' efforts to combat automobile theft. It was enacted in 1919. This Act made the interstate transportation of stolen vehicles a federal crime. The Dyer Act is popularly called the National Motor Vehicle Theft Act. (Which is a Federal offense).

His I.Q. 105 was stated in his documents as being.
































Voris was married three times,  first to Lulu Dront married on 26 Nov 1929 in Lucas, OH, then to Lillian M last name unknown and date unknown. I did not find any children.
He married  Mildred M Monroe-Alexander on 19 Mar 1948, she was born 18 Oct 1905.
Voris died 31 May 1990 in Lane, Oregon.

I pray he fought his demons and won, Rest in Peace now you are free.





Comments

  1. I'm fascinated by your blog... and sorry to point it out but Voris died before he was married... I know it's a typo. Just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please illustrate your facebook group with a white male criminal instead of a black male? It would help reduce unfair stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HH I put all races mugshots on my Facebook group if you were a member you would know that...Also if you knew me at all you would know I have 8 black grandchildren...I am not racist..I change the photo once a week. But thank you for your comment.
      Gwen

      Delete

Post a Comment