Thomas Henry Mox Mox: Famous Indian

Thomas Henry Mox Mox was born Abt 1877 Idaho, he was part of the Tribe Nez Perce, parents were Peter Mox Mox and Anna Tonahun. His grandfather was the famous Chief Poe Poe Mox Mox.

He was a rough neck and in and out of trouble almost constantly.




Inmate #696 Idaho State Prison
Rec: 19 May 1899
Crime: Vio Sec 139 USRS 
Term: 20 months & $200 fine & $9.60 Costs



He was also incarcerated at McNeil Island 24 Aug 1903



Then again he was in Idaho State Prison

Inmate #2305 
Rec: 12 May 1915
Crime: Assault With A Deadly Weapon
Term: 1-2 yrs






I found a few newspaper articles, one is referring to the assault charge but there is another assault against his own mother and wife.






I found a photo on Pintrest of his grandfather Chief Peo Peo Mox Mox



What a story, I am sure I could of written a bunch more on his line if I would do a few more weeks of research into it. I found land records ad tribal records and a few videos on his grandfather.

He was known as Yellow Bird he was murdered him, cut off his ears, hands and feet and scalped him.

Very sad story 




Comments