Mary Alice Cannon Barns: Manslaughter

Mary Alice Cannon Barnes was born possibly on 13 Sep 1926 in Virginia to I believe Langston Barnes and Rhea Mae Bryant. 




Inmate #8747 Idaho State Prison
Rec: 10 Oct 1953
Crime: Manslaughter
Term: 10 years
Age: 25
Paroled: 10 Nov 1955
Discharged from parole: 4 Feb 1957






Newspaper clippings:


I am at a loss as why they would charge her when there was a witness who saw George Hill kick in the door. Isn't this self defense? That's crazy.

I as I was researching Mary Alice I found a women in Utah with the same full name, the chances of that are slim, but nonetheless I did a white women. So I tried researching Mary Alice with just Barnes and left out Cannon and I found parents I believe are hers and a possible husband.

Henry Lee Battle 1924-1978

Married 19 Jan 1946 York, VA




His death Certificate



He was hot in the head


So why would she go from Virginia to Idaho??
I have no idea none of her siblings were there that I could find, they all lived and died in Virginia.

I never found a husband with the last name of Cannon and I am not sure why she used Cannon in her name, she was Miss Mary Alice in the newspapers. So unless I have the wrong family attached to her I guess we will never know.

I made her a tree and I noticed there are several other trees she is listed in with no death date or place and they do not have her prison record attached. I am 98% sure this is the same lady.



Comments