Pvt. James Gaffney: Houston, TX 1917 Riot Camp Logan Series

James Gaffney was born in 1896 in North Carolina. He worked as a Teamster, deliveryman and in an auto garage. His mom was in bad health and was dependent upon him when he was sentenced to prison.




Inmate #13245 Leavenworth
Crime: Mutiny & Murder
Term: Life
Reduced to 22 years 6 months




































https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb7tIZJbixA


The above link is a YouTube Video on the Houston, TX Riot


He had family that lived in West Chester, PA in 1917. He had one arrest before enlisting into the Army for fighting was fined $10.
This is all I found.




Comments

  1. Hi Gwen, how wonderful to find such a long record, am I correct in saying it is 33 pages long? Someone will be very grateful if they are related to find this post someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's 33 pages....I sure hope so, it's been hard, I fell in love with these men..not like a true love..but I looked into those eyes and felt their pain and I had to find out more about them all I had was their photo's and names...Thank you so much for your comment, means a lot..God Bless

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment