Cornelius B Murphy Saloon Keeper and Murderer

Cornelius B Murphy was born 22 Feb 1858 in Kentucky. While in his 40's he was a saloon keeper in Owyheo County, Id.

In early of 1899 Cornelius B Murphy shot and killed one Joseph Shields and was tried by jury and found guilty.

Inmate # 726
Crime: Murder in the 2nd Degree
Received: 7 Nov 1899 Owyheo County, Id
Term: 15 years
Age: 42
He was Catholic

Cornelius B Murphy Prison Record

Cornelius B Murphy Prison Mugshot

He was discharged 13 Apr 1905

His record shows he was 5'8 1/2 " tall 198 lbs Grey eyes and a boot size of 6 1/2

He died on 22 Mar 1934 and is buried in the Kohlerlawn Cemetery in Nampa, Id




Here's the only newspaper clipping I found.




Here's some more Prison/Pardon records I found on Ancestry




Cornelius B Murphy Death Cert
It states on his death certificate he was widowed, I never found a marriage record or any document with his wife on it. I would assume his father was also Cornelius Murphy. I found no Family Tree or any other information.

So why did he shoot Joseph Shields, I guess we may never know. Sad I always want to know the rest of the story.







Comments