Pvt. Callie Glenn: Houston, TX 1917 Riot Camp Logan Series

Callie Glenn was born 1893 in South Carolina.



Those eyes! My heart is in such pain for him. He must of been so scared.

Inmate #12257 Leavenworth
Crime: Mutiny & Murder
Term: Life

Below is a text of a letter he wrote on his own behalf.

To: The Hon. Lieut. Col. Samuel S. Ansell
From: Callie Glenn.
Subject: Commutation of Sentence
Sir:
I am a military prisoner an inmate of the US Federal Prison at Leavenworth, Kans. Sir, I would be thankful of you would use your influence in securing a commutation of my sentence. Sir I was tried and convicted by a military court at Fort Sam Houston Tex. on the 1st of Nov. 1917 on a charge of mutiny and sentenced to serve a life sentence. Sir I am innocent of the charge. The only thing I did was miss roll call on that night the 23rdd of Aug 1917. I did no leave my camp the shooting was so had and I frightened and when roll call went I jest got in company [illeg] line and that why I missed my company roll call. I am a member of Company M, 24th Inft. Sir [illeg] had to be punished for the crime that [illeg] committed and they jest tried the ones that missed roll call and I was one of the men who missed roll call. Sir I had nothing that night of doing anything of this kind. Sir I hope you will look in my case deeply and see what can be done for me. I try to remain Sir
Your obedient servant
Callie Glenn First private Co. M. 24 Inf
PO Box 7 Leavenworth Kansas

He worked on his family farm with his father until he enlisted in the army. Enlisting Oct 1914 in 24th Inf Company M.

His documents I couldn't figure out how to download, are located at the link below.

http://cdm16035.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/compoundobject/collection/p15568coll1/id/1430/rec/2

I found nothing else on Pvt. Callie Glenn

Dearest Callie, I hope and pray your life after this horrible tragic event, was full of love and wonderful memories for you. God Bless sweetie.


Comments