Pvt William Burnette: Houston, TX Riot 1917 Camp Logan Series

Pvt William Burnette was born abt 1883 in Georgia He was a part of the 24th Inf and enlisted in Nov 1906.

Unfortunately I did not find out very much about him.





Inmate #13242 Leavenworth
Crime: Mutiny & Murder
Term: Life
























Above are his Clemency documents.

I want to say that I am very compassionate about each one of these soldiers. I have been working hard at tracing their family history in hopes of helping their ancestry live on. With that said, I have been posting these in genealogy groups I am a member of and I have had great reception for others helping me find out more. The other day I posted one in a certain group on Facebook, I won't say which one, but I was reprimanded and blocked from even responding to the the person. They said something along the lines as these are soldiers and should be honored and not in a series.  Well I was thinking they probably didn't even read my blog or they would of thought different.

I want to thank everyone who has helped or who has read my series. These men do deserve to be honored and I am hoping that's what I am doing. I have made family trees for each of them on ancestry and posted my blog around to share a painful part of history I did not know about and it hurts that this happened to these men and their families.

Thank You!!!!!!



Comments