Prince Bohmam: Lies In The Folsom Prison Cemetery

Prince Bohman Born 1889 in  Alabama to Albert B Bohman and Amanda "Mandy". Prince had two brothers Edward and Sylvester Bohman. Edward was in prison at Quinton, Walker, AL in a Coal Mine in 1920. This was common practice in those days to be sentenced to hard labor. 





Inmate #10215 Folsom 
Rec: 18 Aug 1916
Crime: Burglary 2nd Degree
Term: 3 Yrs
Discharged: 19 Dec 1918 (We will discuss this at the end)





I found one newspaper clipping for Prince.




Prince died in the Folsom Prison Hospital for reasons unknown to me, I did not find any records. He is buried in the Folsom Prison Cemetery.


Added by  EDHGS FAG #172195209


It broke my heart to know this poor man died just a few months after being received into the prison, did someone kill him? Did he kill himself? Did he get sick and died?

He is resting now although I would think a prison cemetery would be as lonely id not more so as the prison itself.

R.I.P. Sweet man


So the Discharged date is 19 Dec 1918 and I have seen this many times in old prison records, my opinion is that the paperwork took time to go from the hospital to the warden and then the state had to declare him dead on their records and therefore he was discharged from prison officially two years after dying. 

He looks like he was a very intelligent man, would love to have a conversation with him.





Comments