Thomas Williams: 5 Year Term

Thomas Williams was born about 1882 in Kentucky. 

On 24 Oct 1904 he was received at Folsom Prison as Inmate #5863 at age 22.







Crime: Burglary 1st degree 2 counts
Term: 5 years
Discharged: 1908

I didn't find any other records for Thomas, which broke my heart, I really want to know know more about him.

I found a small newspaper article that really made me mad.


How is it possible he got burglary in the 1st degree for stealing something to eat and then get 5 years for it. I realize this was his 3rd term in prison, and I did not find those records either he must of used an alias possibly. But still he took food, I understand stealing is wrong but this punishment doesn't fit the crime at all.

Thomas I hope the rest of your life was not this hard.


Comments