Jesse William James: Forgery

Jesse Williams James was born in 1876 in Idaho. He was apart of the Nez Perce Tribe. His father was Jesse Hart James (Abt 1841-) and Sally.

Jesse was a farmer married to Julia Scott they had 3 children.
Concetta James
Agnes James
Norris James

In 1893 Jesse went to prison for forgery, I am not sure what it was, I didn't find any newspaper clippings.

His mugshot from Idaho State Prison is really awesome.




He was inmate #54
Rec: 8 Mar 1893
Crime: Forgery
Term: 3 years
Age: 17

He had a prior where he did 8 months in the Ada County Jail for Petty Larceny.

He died 18 Nov 1929 in Stites, ID from Alcoholism, so sad.



I found him in the 
U.S., Indian Census Rolls, 1885-1940  
 Tribe: Nez Perce Reservation: Nez Perce Agency: Fort Lapwai
This is all the information I have at this time. I made him a tree on Ancestry as I do all the inmates I write about.




Comments