Theodore Jackson: Bootlegger

Theodore Jackson was born 20 Jun 1902 in Leavenworth, KS. He had a little brother named Ellis Jackson.




The above was taken at the jail before he was taken to San Quentin Prison. I love his bibs and plaid shirt! Looks like he has a tear in his left eye. This photo captivated me.





Inmate #45870 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 28 Aug 1928
Cession of a Still
Term: 1-5 years and a find of $1000
Paroled: 13 Feb 1930
Discharged: 28 Dec 1930
Occupation: Farmer

That $1000 fine was hefty for a poor farmer, wonder if it ever got paid.


I found very little genealogy information on Theodore, what I did find was a 1910 census from Leavenworth, KS where he and his brothers were inmates (most likely wards of the state). Theodore was 6 years old and his brother Ellis was 4.






I found this on 3Fold




I googled the place and I googled the address and found nothing.

I wonder why Theodore went to California and what happened to Ellis??? I saw a few census records in Kansas that might be Eliis with other family, but I am not 100% sure if it's him.


Theodore died 30 Aug 1082 in Los Angeles, CA I would love to learn more.

I made him a tree on Ancestry


Comments