Lewis Edward Grautman: Burglary

Lewis Edward Grautman, known as Edward, was born 9 Sep 1890 in Columbus, OH to Christ Lewis Grautman (1853-1933) and Anna Freeman (1871-1953).





Inmate #8680 Idaho State Prison
Rec: 25 Oct 1919
Crime: Burglary
Term: 7-15 years



What happen to his nose you ask? Well he got it cut off, here's a newspaper article I found from Montana.






I also found a notice from his mother:





His alias was Ed Miller


I found no newspaper clippings for his Idaho robbery.

His family lived in Lebanon, IN he had a sister Anna Belle. There is a tombstone in the Oak Hill Cemetery in 
Lebanon, Boone County, Indiana with his name on it but no death date carved into it so he might not even be buried there. I found no death cert. I also didn't find any wife or children. 





I wonder if he wrote his mother.




Comments