Thomas Pinkard: Larceny of Lumber

Thomas Pinkard born Oct 1874 in Mercer County, West virginia to John Pinkard and Mary Woody.




Inmate #2957 Pittsburg Jail Record
Rec: 24 Jan 1919
Crime: Larceny of Lumber
He was 48 yrs Old



Thomas first name may have been James Thomas Pinkard. 

Thomas married 1892 in Mercer County, West Virginia to Mattie Calloway, she was born 1877 W.V. or Virginia.

They had the following children

John Bowman Pinkard 1893-1921
Cora Pinkard 1896
James Millard Pinkard 1900-1962
William R Pinkard 1901-1916

I didn't find any Pennsylvania Prison records for Thomas bit I did find 15 prison records for his son James Millard Pinkard and one for John Bowman Pinkard. 


I found the follow interesting newspaper clippings.







Then I find some drug dealing going on with son James.




Here is the area they are talking about.


Hill District in Pittsburg, PA

Well then I find a death Certificate for their youngest son William R Pinkard who dies 2 Apr 1916.



This is very painful and rare.

Purpura Hemorrhagica. Purpura hemorrhagica is an uncommon acute type III hypersensitivity (immune complex) disease in horses characterized by edema of the head and limbs; leukocytoclastic vasculitis; petechial hemorrhages in mucosae, musculature, and viscera; and sometimes glomerulonephritis.




Then I found John Bowman Pinkard's death certificate.



He was murdered and I found where on Google maps photo below. I am awaiting to hear from the police department to find out what happened, there is no newspaper articles. I am guessing drugs.





I do not know where or when their mother died. However James Millard Pinkard was married to Mary L Davis on 22 July 1942, she was born in 1914.

Thomas Pinkard died 7 Aug 1920 in Pittsburg, PA.




I wish I could of out more about Mattie Calloway, and the murder of their son, but when i find out I will be updating this post. I made them a tree on Ancestry and attached all this to them.Such sadness for this family, breaks my heart.



Comments