Clara Stephens-Day: Assault With A Deadly Weapon

Clara was born Clara Stephens about 1889 in Tyler, TX to J. S. Stephens. She was married to Ernest Day and they had a 7 year old son.




Inmate #1684 Idaho State Prison
Rec: 29 May 1910
Crime: Assault With A Deadly Weapon
Term: 6 mo-2 yrs
Paroled: 5 Sep 1911
Expiration of Term: 29 Feb 1912
Age: 21




I did not find any other information, no newspaper clippings on the crime. I did notice when I looked at her photo up close she has a sore on her lip and some markings on her face. Was she protecting herself or was she trying to kill someone.

She had a 7 year old son at the time. 

1910 Census shows her as a boarder age 22 living in Pocatello, ID.

I wanted to post this because I am hoping someone knows more. I need to write her story, she wants her story told. I made her a tree on Ancestry a year ago hoping to find more information. I decided to post it anyways. 

I have many photos and documents of a lost society of people who has a story to tell, that is why I am here. I am their voice.



Comments