Troy Lee Coker: Murder

Troy Lee Coker was born 4 July 1894 in Oklahoma to Edwin C Coker (1862-1942) and Georgia Ann Daggs (1871-1935).






Inmate #24793 Kansas State Prison
Rec: 5 Nov 1931
Crime: Murder
Term: Life
Paroled: 15 May 1937
Pardoned: 8 Oct 1942



He owned a cafe, wish they would of mentioned the name or address.

Here's the link for the above article, i know it's hard to read.


Troy married 1 Jan 1914 in Polk, Ark to to Clara M Folger (1896-1958) They had two daughters.
Geraldine C Coker 1914-1986
Annie Latroy Coker 1918-2009

I believe they divorced.
He then married Jessye I Boyd (1915-1945)

They would die together in a head collision 







I found this newspaper article about the car crash


Troy was also an inmate at Leavenworth Federal Prison as Inmate #34157. I looked on the National Archives website but his records were not there.

I found his will here are a few pages:







I google mapped his last address and I believe it's the empty lot next to the house shown.



When him and his wife left for their trip to Nevada they had dropped off three bird dogs as they were called in his will and 2 died of distemper. 

This was fascinating, I found so much about him and I made him a tree and added everything to his story. There are several other trees one has his mugshot, none had his coroner reports or his probate records. He had paid his debt and was making a good life for himself and his wife he had money in the bank and owned property. He had nearly $300 on him at his time of death.

Photo from the Library of Congress

Near where the accident was their car was found at the bottom in the river.

Both his daughter's are mentioned in his will one was 28 years old the other 29.

They are buried in the Oakland Cemetery in Poteau, OK


Comments