Thomas Herbert: Murder 2nd Degree

Thomas Herbert was born 1837 in Ireland





Inmate: #422 Folsom Prison
Rec: 1 Feb 1882
Crime: Murder 2nd Degree
Term: 50 years
Commuted: 24 Dec 189 to 25 years
was discharged 1 May 1897













He was a miner and a woodchopper and lived in Santa Cruz, CA and stayed mostly in the Kern County, CA area.

I wish I would of found out more about him, his mugshot intrigued me so much with that pipe in his mouth, I have never seen any of the mugshots in this prison system like this one before. I just love his mugshot and wanted to write his story. I found him in the 1870 & the 1880 census then I lost him.  Then I found him in the 1920 census which amazed me because he was about 80 years old, that is pretty awesome for the life he lived. I did not find a death date or place. I did make him a tree on Ancestry and a memorial on Find-A-Grave.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/203714790/thomas-herbert

Above is the link to his memorial leave him an awesome virtual something.

Comments