Nora Hollis: Murder to Sell A Book

Nora Hollis was born in 1875 in Chatham, IL to John Hollis (1837-1913) & Martha C Young (1850-1910).



Inmate: #6334 Portland, OR Jail
Arrested: 10 Apr 1924
Crime: Murder






Seems Nora wrote a book called "The Lying God of the Bible Is Satan the Evil One." She wanted to sell copies of her book and have it be famous. She claimed while living in Atlanta, GA shelearned theosophy and then bought a Ouija Board. The board she claims didn't work when she was with others, or didn't believe it did, and took it apart looking for a magnet, after not finding one she started using the board when she was alone. Voices would come from the board and claimed to be God and told her to pull all her hair out and it would grow back, she did this, but it didn't grow back, so she felt "God" in the board lied to her. I know enough history about this board to know you can open porthole for evil and demons to enter and more likely than not this was what visited her.

She was living with her landlady whom was her dear friend Mrs. Eva Bradley. She shot her in the back while she was sewing.


https://www.newspapers.com/clip/40560808/nora_hollis/


Here are some old Ouija Boards



https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-strange-and-mysterious-history-of-the-ouija-board-5860627/


https://www.newspapers.com/clip/40560577/nora_hollis/


Here's some really incredible history about this board.


Nora was teacher at age 16, she was very intelligent and got her teaching certificate while living in Newkirk, OK. While living in Portland, OR she was a stenographer.





Nora never married, but here are her siblings:

Vesta Fatima Hollis
1866–1955
Arthur Hollis
1869–1940
Ann Hollis
1869–
Leona Hollis
1871–
Nora Hollis
1875–1945
Curtis Hollis
1876–  

This family traveled all the world. Germany, Holland, England.

Her brother Arthur lived in Washington and her sister Vesta lived in California, I didn't find out much about the others.

Nora was sent to the State Asylum in Salem, OR.


 Nora died 17 Nov 1945 in Salem, OR. Most like still in the asylum. 


Was she a religious nut?? I am not sure, I am sure that something may have come from the board, that I would not have any doubts. These things are not toys and if you do not know what your doing leave them alone. That's my advice.

  

Comments

  1. This was the one I was looking for.
    Just wanted to say as a 12 yr old kid I had no idea what a Ouija board was about and we played with one as a game.
    I'll tell you I have to agree with you. My life has been full of disasters and as a Christian I can now see when it started and it was after that "game". Wished I never saw that thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetie I am so sorry....I agree they are dangerous. prayers for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment