Ludwig "Lewey" Kruse: Immigration Act

Lewey was born in Russia 1 Oct 1885 he was married to Anna K Forath (1886-1977).


Inmate: #unknown Nevada State Prison 
Rec: 9 July 1925
Crime: Violation of the Immigration Act

He had a daughter named Marie Kruse born 5 Oct 1909 in Wisconsin, she was 16 at the time.

Here's some newspaper articles I found.



Marie had a daughter named Barbara Jean Wood born about 1928 I found no husband, she did marry Philip W Siefeit, they had no children. Married died 12 March 1976 in Santa Barbara, CA.

I found her obituary but it doesn't mention her daughter's name.


Lewey died 26 Oct 1950 in San Diego, CA.

I am not sure where is wife was at the time he went to prison because the census for 1930 shows the family together, except for Marie who was 20 at the time and married but living as a boarder and working as a housekeeper.

I didn't find anything else, I am sure Lewey must of known the people he was trying to get across the border, or they were family or friends of someone he knew. Sad for Marie to of had to go through a traumatic separation from her only parent at that time. 


Comments