Sarah Bray: Manslaughter

Sarah Bray was born about 1895 in Illinois. She married Thomas Marrion Kerrick.



Inmate: #43835 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 9 Jul 1927
Crime: Manslaughter
Term: 0-10 Yrs




She shot and killed Thomas 27 Apr 1927 in Hollywood.

1920 they were living at 229 South Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA.


I found tons of newspaper clippings, are are a few.




Here's the rest of the article for the above photo:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49636236/sarah-kerrick/




https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49648896/sarah-kerrick/

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/49648926/sarah-kerrick/






Tom "Cowboy" Kerrick was a up coming movie star, I found this photo of him.


He was in the western movie Men in the Raw (1923)

Storyline

"Windy" Watkins is fond of spinning wild stories of his daring exploits, to his fellow cowhands, while around the campfire at night but is given the chance to prove he is more than talk when Bill Spray and his henchmen set their sights on a gold claim belonging to the father of his sweetheart, Eunice Hollis.

I tried to find it on YouTube for you to watch, but no dice.

Here are some movie posters:




Interesting that the district attorney had charges brought up against so many. I would of loved to of sat in on that trial, women fainting, and actresses, a cow puncher, my oh my that would of fun to watch. Although it is sad Thomas lost his life as a result of it all. Gin can get the better of you I guess. I wonder what kind of Gin it was, probably Tanqueray Gin. I did not find when Sarah died.



Comments