Agnes Watkins-Fahy & Middleweight Boxer Young Johnny Ketchell: Drugs

Agnes Watkins was born About 1905 in PA.Her mother was Anna who was Lithuanian. She was married to a Mr. Fahy. 


Inmate: #47517 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 14 Sep 1929
Crime: Forgery of a Prescription and drug possession  
Paroled: 15 Oct 1931
Discharged from parole: 14 Apr 1933
Age: 24







Agnes was in a room with Young Ketchell a middleweight boxer, who I googled and found nothing on. They had morphine capsules. I found these newspaper clippings.





She tried to kill herself while in jail by taking permanganate of potash. 

Which is: a poisonous salt that forms dark purple crystals and is purple-red when dissolved in water; used as an oxidizing and bleaching agent and as a disinfectant and antiseptic.



How she got this I wonder, either she was cleaning the toilet bowl or it was left sitting around her cell.

I found all kinds of newspaper clippings on Johnny Ketchell's boxing events here's one he lost before getting caught with Agnes.



I believe the charges were dropped, he was fighting by november. 

I did find some states on him: He boxed from 1924-1932


Inside the ring:



Name: Young Ketchell
Alias: Young Johnny Ketchell
Birth Name: John Roblensky
Hometown: Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
Pro Boxer: Record



Don't confuse him with Stanley Ketchell who died in 1910.

Agnes had a prior conviction in Los Angeles in 1928 for Violating the State Drug Act, she was sentenced to 6 months in jail.

She had a brother named Peter Watkins and a sister Caroline Watkins.

Wonder what happened to them.

I find a 1930 newspaper clipping on Ketchell


1934 is the last one I found he lost


I didn't find any family information on Johnny. Guess we will have to wait and see.


Comments