Cora Louise Cramer: Murder

Cora Louise Cramer was born 1885 in Michigan.


Inmate: #4281 San Francisco Jail
Arrested: 25 Sep 1919
Crime: Murder

Cora was married to her second husband Eugene Lawer and he hired a detective so he could divorce her.

 That pissed her off and she went into the detective agency and shot The detective C. E. Duell. She shot him in his stomach.








I am appalled by this, she should of went to prison. Either this detective was not on the up and up and the state's attorney didn't care. What a crazy thing this is. James McDuell said she opened fired, that his dad was trying to talk her out of killing her husband.  

Her and Eugene Lawler were married 13 Feb 1914 in Los Angeles, CA. Before this she was married to Ford Bachmann, I would assume they divorced or he died, He was born in about 1874 in New York, the 1910 census they were living in San Diego, CA.


I found this article from 1913 an arrest Charles McDuell had made.


He was the County Detective and his own people didn't have her prosecuted? I am completely dumbfounded by this. Was she a rich society lady? I doubt it. I have more questions than answers. I guess one could get the court records that would shed a lot of light on this whole thing.

I have no idea when or where she died, I lost track of her after this, I am assuming she married again and that is why I lost her. 

I will update this when more information comes to light.


Comments