Charles D. Howell: Robbing A Mail Car

Charles D. Howell was born about 1866 in Massachusetts, to L.H. Howell & Josephine May Currien.


Inmate: #1947 McNeil Island Federal Prison
Rec: 11 Oct 1910
Crime: Robbing Mail Car
 




Annual Report of the Attorney General of the United States  Appendix  By United States. Department of Justice · 1917


Inmate: #19060 Leavenworth (Transferred from McNeil)



I found these newspaper clippings:














I found him living in Montana in the late 1880's and he also married there on 8 Feb 1898 to Annie Flynn in Great Falls. I found a newspaper article he was mentioned in promoting a fight.




In the 1910 census he is sitting in the Spokane County Jail.

I found very little genealogy information but what a story. He got life in prison and I believe they stuck by that as I found these index records for Leavenworth for Charles, Prisons would frequently update their files and mugshots of their inmates. 


NAME: Charles D Howell
INCARCERATION DATE: 9 Mar 1923
INCARCERATION PLACE: Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
INMATE NUMBER: 19050

I wonder why he commited this robbery, he got away with it for 9 months, I think I would of jumped on a boat and got the heck out of Dodge.




















Comments