Charles J. Jenkins: Forgery

Charles J. Jenkins was born about 1878 in Illinois to Frank F. Jenkins & Ida L. (??).


Inmate: #5237 Montana State Prison
Rec: 31 Oct 1915
Crime: Forgery


I found these newspaper articles for his 1915 offense.






He claimed his occupation was Drug Clerk and Cook. He looks very mad in both of his mugshots. I wonder what he was blowing his money on, drinking, gambling, women??? 




Inmate: #6014 Montana State Prison
Rec: 19 Aug 1917
Crime: Forgery


 I didn't find any newspaper articles on this offense. I would think it was possible they same scenario as his first conviction. He just couldn't save his money. I didn't find out much genealogy information on him but when I do I will update this blog post and his tree I made on Ancestry. He seems to be an interesting character. I sense he was a very unhappy man.



Comments