Charles Edwards: Sneak Thief

Charles Edwards was born about 1856 in Virginia.






Inmate: #303 District of Columbia Jail
Arrested: 6 Dec 1886
Crime: Petty Larceny




 

Charles was arrest many times here are some more newspaper articles I found.


1887




1889


1897




1898



He was a handsome man and very well dressed, and look at that mustache.

I found another article I am not 100% sure it's him but it could be. His wife was out walking with another man and they encountered Edward and this man took his cane and beat Edward over the head. 


https://www.newspapers.com/clip/71470723/charles-edwards/

I wish I could found more of his family information. I.I do believe I found him in 1870 Census age 14 living in Hardy, Isle of Wright Virginia bur he was alone working as a laborer. Says he can read and write. 

He would of pawned or traded the items he stole for money.




Comments