Ignazio Deluca: Jewelry Thief Gets Grand Larceny

Ignazio Deluca was born about 1853 in Italy.


Inmate: #298 District of Columbia Jail
Rec: 30 Mar 1887
Crime: Grand Larceny


I found this newspaper clipping on his crime.











As I was searching Ignazio, I had his age and the year of the crime so that would of made him born about 1853. There is another one born about the time but died in 1859 age 7. I didn't find any other born around this time.


This is not the above man.


Name

Ignazio Deluca

Mother

Antonina Lombardo

Father

Giuseppe Deluca

Birth

2 mag 1852 (2 May 1852) Termini Imerese, Palermo, Italy

Baptism

3 mag 1852 (3 May 1852) Parish of Termini, TERMINI IMERESE,PALERMO,ITALY 


The above died at age 7 in Italy in 1859.


I didn't find anything else on Ignazio.I wonder how many crimes he had gotten away with before getting caught at this one. The newspaper articles says his fence was being watched by agents, so I am guessing that was the only reason he was captured. He and his partners had a lot of jewelry worth a lot of loot for back then.$1,500 in 1887 is worth $41,127.47 today. They could lived on that their whole lives if they spent it wisely.







Comments