Walter Freeman 6 Alias & Robbery & Forgery

Walter Freeman was born in 1896 in Virginia.



Inmate #58968 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 2 Feb 1924
Crime: Forgery






Inmate: #18473 Folsom Prison
Rec: 30 Apr 1933
Crime: Escape from State Prison





Inmate: #21107 Folsom Prison
Rec: 6 May 1937
Crime: Robbery

I found this newspaper article



According to this article there was a women named Dorothy Quagmire who was questioned and believed to of been one of his partners in some robberies. I search for her and came up empty. I wonder if she gave the police and alias. Here is another article I found.


He has the following alias:

Walter J Smith

Malcolm Arnold

R. Williams

Malcolm Almond

Almond Malcolm

Jack Walters

He was also prisoner #9086 & #13556 at Leavenworth Prison. I checked on the National Archives Web Site and I didn't find his records but who knows how many alias he had and if Walter Freeman is even his real name.

The 1930 census he is San Quentin Prison under the name of Walter Smith. He died 10 Sep 1938 in Folsom Prison and is buried in the prison cemetery.

Photo by EDHGS


Here's the link to his Find A Grave Memorial

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/170766372/walter-freeman

This is all the information I found out on Walter.




Comments