Julius Augustus Jones: Kills Wife

Julius Augustus Jones was born 28 Oct 1897 in Kane County, IL, to Fayette F Jones (1870-????) & Mattie Alice Leonard (1878-1929).


I did not find a marriage record but he was married to Grace Irene Muir born 1904 in Chicago, IL they had 2 sons, Robert & James both deceased.

Here's the story:


Julius was gangster and he squealed in court on some bad dudes so he was on edge thinking they would be coming after him.




I understand being scared, but wouldn't the doors and so forth be locked and wouldn't you maybe hire a body guard or something. Wouldn't look before shooting. He had to of known where his wife was and when she would be back, or at least some kind of time frame, right? To fire 6 shots, wow that target is done,  it won't be coming at you.

Lets look into this 1933 kidnaping case.

Babe was his gangster name


Below is the link for the story that goes with the photo above



Not Guilty Plea


1934 article



He was called the state's Ace

On 30 Dec 1949 he shoots Grace and she dies, Julius dies 13 Jan 1973 in Chicago and they are buried together and share a stone. Below is the link to their Find A Grave memorial. Looks like no family members have figured this out or just haven't added this information to their trees. I added a newspaper article.


I am not sure if I buy this story or not. I would need more information about his wife and their marriage and so on. If he was asleep and got started I guess this could happen, but I personally would of called out "Who's there" "I got a gun" and so on...

Here's a noir film I know you love, pour yourself a Gangster Martini, yes there is such a thing Google it...and enjoy!











  

Comments