Harry Hawkins AKA Harry Mendez: Murder

Harry Hawkins was born about 1895, he was wanted for murder and I found one newspaper article, He may have gotten away, if he was guilty. There was no newspaper articles I could find on the victim Lucille Dalton.





Unfornately the record was slightly blurry.




This article was clipped from the following newspaper

Detroit Free Press
Detroit, Michigan
12 Nov 1929, Tue  •  Page 17

Why did I post it? Because someone at sometime will see it and add more to the story, plus I am curious as to what happened to him and who he was, and who Lucille was.

I did find a 1920 Census for a Harry Hawkins born 1896 in Ohio living in a boarding house in Sault Sainte Marie, MI.


I did not find a Lucille Dalton but I did find a 1920 census for a Lucille Hawkins, might be her.


NAME: Lucille Hawkins

AGE: 30

BIRTH YEAR: 1890

BIRTHPLACE: Oklahoma

HOME IN 1920: Detroit Ward 7, Wayne, Michigan

STREET: 385 Alfred St - Detroit

RESIDENCE DATE: 1920

RACE: Black

GENDER: Female

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FATHER'S BIRTHPLACE: USA

MOTHER'S BIRTHPLACE: USA

ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH: Yes

OCCUPATION: Servant

ABLE TO READ: Yes

ABLE TO WRITE: Yes

I will update this when new facts become available.




 

Comments