R. L. Carroll Real Name R. L. Kimball: Grand Larceny & Escape

R. L. Kimball might be Robert L. Kimball born about 1908.


Inmate: #22450 Tn State Prison
Rec: 27 Jul 1933
Crime: Grand Larceny
Term: 3 Yrs
Age: 22
Escaped:


 





Here's one more:


So his wanted poster gave me clues, like his wife's name Kittie and that he lived in Montgomery, AL
This is how I found a marriage record that might be him & Kittie

She was Kittie McDonald they were married 8 Dec 1930 in Jefferson, AL.


If he is Robert he stole a car as why he was charged with Grand Larceny.  I found lots of newspaper articles on his escape and capture but none on just his crime.
I was lucky they supplied me with his alias of Carroll or I may not of found any of these articles.

Just some ideas to help you find your criminal ancestor's records.
Crazy how there were so many escapes back then and you hardly hear of any these days. I do remember an escape from the North Dakota State Prison in Bismarck, ND when I was kid, but not many anymore, security and training may be a factor.

Here's a video on the Tennessee State Prison and it's history.




















Comments