Andrew Mason: Robbery, Escape & Drugs

 Andrew Mason known as Andy was born about 1875 in California. I have not found much family information on Andy but here is the criminal records I found along with some newspaper articles.


Inmate: #8539 Folsom Prison (California)
Rec: 30 Nov 1912
Crime: Robbery

He actually escaped in 1900 on his way to prison for this crime, here is the newspaper articles.

San Francisco Chronicle
San Francisco, California
Sun, Nov 10, 1912 · Page 36


The Recorder
San Francisco, California
Sat, Nov 02, 1912 · Page 3


The San Francisco Examiner
San Francisco, California
Thu, Jun 27, 1912 · Page 8








The Recorder
San Francisco, California
Wed, Dec 17, 1924 · Page 10

According to the first newspaper article that offense of robbery was his second. I am wondering why he started dealing drugs.



The San Francisco Examiner
San Francisco, California 
Saturday, November 01, 1924

            I wonder what happened to Andy? 

            Hopefully a descendant will leave a comment to let us know. Until next time check out my podcast on Anchor.com & my YouTube Channel, I will have new stories on both soon. In the meantime remember to add those naughty ancestor's to your tree and happy hunting.





Comments