Eva Jackson:

 Eva Jackson was born 1871 in Nataska, IL. I do not know her maiden name. I found a newspaper article where she claimed to be married to a black man named Henry Franklin Jackson.



Inmate # 3133 Montana State Prison
Rec: 13 Aug 1910 
Crime: Attempted assault 



I found this newspaper article about the assault on James Newell.





The Anaconda Standard
Anaconda, Montana
Fri, Aug 05, 1910 · Page 12




The Butte Daily Post
Butte, Montana
Sat, Jul 30, 1910 · Page 2




Eva seemed to attract trouble I found newspaper articles going back to 1902 & 1904.







She's hanging out in a dangerous part of town and she breaks curfew and assaults a man with his own razor. But I still wonder why and what kind of life she had. Look at that mugshot, she looks happy. Even though she has tuberculosis. I did not find any records for family for her and no record for her husband. I did find a census record for 1910 and she is boarder in a house with a black man with the name of Cooper, which was mentioned in the newspaper article of the assault. I can she was fighter, for other people, and their rights as well as her own.


1910 census

Name Eve Jackson

Age in 1910 39

Birth Date 1871

Birthplace Illinois

Home in 1910 Silver Bow, Silver Bow, Montana, USA

Sheet Number 4b

Race White

Gender Female

Relation to Head of House Boarder

Marital Status Married

Father's Birthplace Illinois

Mother's Birthplace Illinois

Native Tongue English

Occupation Helper

Industry Sheet Hand

Employer, Employee or Other Wage Earner

Able to read Yes

Able to Write Yes

Enumeration District Number 0135

Years Married 11

Out of Work N

Enumerated Year 1910

Neighbors View others on page

Household members

Name Age

John Ericson 38

Helge Ericson 33

Sadie Ericson 10

Roy Ericson 8

Mabel Ericson 7

Alice Ericson 5

Carl Ericson 3

Walter Ericson 1

Edward Ericson 31

Wm Cooper 83

Eve Jackson 39

Patrick Sullivan 53


I wonder how big this house was, that's a lot of people living there.



I would love to have a sit down with Eva, I want to know more about her life and when she died. I see a strong lady who wouldn't take anyone crap. 


Thank you for reading my blog post on Eva please give my blog a follow, Thank you.




Comments