Jennie Homan was born about 1873. That is all the genealogical information I was able to find.
She was on a train from Glendive, MT to Mandan, N.D. held up the 1st class passengers in the lunch car, with a revolver in March of 1899. Dr. attacked he to get the gun away which he succeeded in doing but she got a shot off which grazed his leg.
She will be sent to an insane asylum. Why? Can't a woman be a train robber? She was 25 years old.
The Saint Paul Globe
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun, Mar 26, 1899 · Page 7
Minneapolis Daily Times
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sun, Mar 26, 1899 · Page 3
There are many article but they all pretty much say the same things. I wish she was in my family tree, I want to find out more. Hopefully a relative will see this and leave a comment and fill in some blanks.
Thank you for stopping by. Please click that follow button for me and feel free to leave a comment.




Equality for the sexes applies to train robbers, too!
ReplyDelete