Kitaro Mishimoto

Kitaro (Kitero) Mishimoto was born abt 1870 in Japan he came to America in pursuit of every man's dream.







He was a cook and in 1896 he was charged with assault and received at Folsom prison on 29 Dec 1896 for a 2 year sentence. He was 27 years old. The crime itself taking place in San Francisco. 


I did not find out very much about him. What caught my eye was his fresh scar on his face where you can still see where the stitches were. Was his assault actually a case of defending himself?  I think he was defending himself and because he probably couldn't speak any or little English he couldn't explain what happened.




He was Discharged from Folsom on 29 Aug 1898. I found a man with his last name that went to Hawaii but I can not be sure it's him. 




Folsom Prison record



There were no Family Trees for him on Ancestry or LDS.

I made him a memorial on Findagrave.
MEMORIAL ID 187243147


Comments