Tomaso Chelini :Murdered His Lover while Wife Was In Italy

In re-application of TOMASO CHELINI (his name on his prison records and Newspapers have it as  Tommaso Killin/Kellin) for Pardon
AGE: 48 years CONFINED AT: Folsom, #4517 
RECEIVED AT PRISON: DECEMBER 28, 1898 at age 28
PAROLED: JULY 1, 1909 
PLACE AND DATE OF CONVICTION: City & County of San Francisco, December 28, 1898 
SENTENCE: Life Imprisonment DATE OF RECEIVING APPLICATION: September 19, 1919 APPEAL: None taken












He was paroled on 1 Jul 1919 and got a Pardon on 19 Aug 1919. Below are some newspaper articles I found about the murder and his sentencing.







I believe this women scammed him out of his money and her lover helped. I do not for one moment believe he was having an affair with her. He was saving his money to send for his wife and daughter. I think he shot this women accidentally. He did not speak any English.

   I couldn't find a death record for him, but I did find him on Find A Grave FAG # 44366275 he died 15 Jan 1926 in SAn Francisco, CA, along with his wife Adele who was born in Italy and died 27 Aug 1950 San Francisco, CA.

They had a son Mario Renato Chelini born 11 Nov 1910 (which means Tamaso was married while out on parole) in San Francisco, CA, he died 5 Nov 1987 in Redwood City, CA

There is a book called Mugshots & Crime Files From the Gangster Era Vol 1, but his story in this book is very different from that of the newspaper clipping. The women he killed they say was from the underworld. I notice between the newspaper clippings and this book her name changes a lot. Louise Shaniche, Louise Parker, Louise Spain. 

 His wife and daughter were living in Italy and when he was out on parole he sent for his family to come to America. His daughter married and had four children.

I only found her Naturalization card 9 Nov 1942 it was dated.

I made a family tree for them on ancestry because there wasn't one and I felt obligated to tell his story.



I have since had family members contact me and have hadded much to the tree on Ancestry.





Comments