Zada Shaughnessy Grand Larceny

Zada Shaughnessy was Inmate # 20515 San Quentin
Crime: Grand Larceny
Term: 3 Years
Received: 8 Feb 1904

I have doubts about her first name it might be spelled wrong or it's a nickname.


Zada's Prison record




She was born in 1874 in Kentucky according to the record. I am thinking Zada was an alias or a nickname because I can not find any further information on her. This was her first term in prison which means she had no criminal record they new of.

Tulare County Jail Record in California





I found this population census with her name on it as the wife of a John Shaughnessy not sure this is her but the age fits.


There was a John Shaughnessy in San Quentin before she was arrested and again in 1918 but I have not proven that he was her husband. I found no Family Tree on Ancestry either.

Zada who were you? What was your life like? 

It will stay a mystery until a relative can come forward and tell me more.



Comments