Pvt. William Frazier: Houston, TX 1917 Riot Camp Logan Series

William Frazier was born about 1887 in New York. Parents unknown at this time.

He assisted his father on a schooner as a cook. 

He enlisted in the Army 24th Inf Company I 16 Mar 1912.




Inmate #12256 Leavenworth
Crime: Mutiny & Murder
Rec: 16 Dec 1917
Term: Life

Below are his Documents





















There are 79 pages of documents and I wont post all of them here but I did make him a tree on Ancestry and they are all posted there.

Below is a disturbing account of William's whereabouts during the riot. he claims he was in the kitchen and had a hand injury and could not hold a gun. There are witnesses stating that this is a true fact. So why would he get a LIFE sentence?







In 1920 he is still in Leavenworth on the 1920 census. 1930 possibly him married living in Veterans Military Home.
 1929 U.S. National Home For Disabled Volunteer Veterans 

Leavenworth Soldiers Home main hospital


13 Jun 1919



I am convinced that most of these men if not all did not get a fair trial and all of them should be pardoned...This was a tragic time in the history of our country and I for one am appalled by the behavior of a few men that couldn't use the same bathroom!!!! Seriously? 


I believe he may have married his friend listed on the soldier home record. Christine Bowers, I did not find any records. I also did not find any death records or burial or memorial on FAG. He was still alive in 1957 according to a date on one of the last documents. 


Comments