Judah Benjamin: A Man With No Name

Judah Benjamin was born 1882 in Ohio, the interesting thing is nobody ever knew is real name this is just a name he thought of because he didn't want the authorities to know his real identity. In 1916 he murdered a police officer while in a show, the policeman whispered something in his ear which no one heard and Judah killed him. 





Inmate #34078 San Quentin & #10465 Folsom
Crime: Murder
Rec: 3 Mar 1917
Term: Life
Occupation: Attnorney








Who was he, and what was his life like before he murdered police officer Robert Gusie. (Which I found no further information on).





From California's Voters Registration 1900-1968
NAME: Victor Howard Metcalf
RESIDENCE YEAR: 1916
STREET ADDRESS: 246 Perkins St
RESIDENCE PLACE: Alameda, California, USA
PARTY AFFILIATION: Republican
OCCUPATION: Atty-At-Law
HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS: 16120896

He was most likely the Hon Victor Metcalf Howard born in New York 1853 and died in California in 1936. He may have been the only person who knew Judah's real identity. 





When I first saw Judah's photo I tried to look behind his beard and into his eyes. I saw a very deep sadness in that one photo of him. The photo with his hat on I see anger.


I feel he was wronged an hurt by someone he deeply loved and this is why he was the loneliest  man in the world, he had a very heavy heart. 





Judah died as mysteriously as he lived, I tried different combinations of his name thinking maybe it was Benjamin Judah, but found nothing concrete. The only life from his life is a shroud of mysteries.  Even though I don't know his identity, the newspaper articles tell me he was a man before his time, he was not going to be dictated to and was not going to be conformed. I wonder what Robert Gussie whispered in his ear that set him off, I think he was just at the wrong place and wrong time and eventually Judah could of hurt someone else. That's just my opinion. 


Photo added by EDHGS on FAG

Judah is now resting in the Folsom Prison Cemetery with an inmate number a last name not his and his death date. No one to visit this lonely grave but the other inmates who take care of the Prison Cemetery. 





Comments

Post a Comment