Bessie Nelson: Arson

Bessie Nelson was born about 1898 in Missouri.

In 1927 Bessie and some accomplices decided to burn down a building for the insurance money.




Inmate #44157 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 1 Oct 1927
Crime: Arson
Term: 1-10 Years















I didn't find any prison records for her accomplices.

Bessie was paroled 8 Jan 1929 and discharged 1 Feb 1930.

She lived in an upscale neighborhood, I wonder way she wanted the money. I looked through the city directories and din't find her, I was curious to see what kind of job she had.

I am also not sure sure if Nelson was her maiden name or married name. I think she was single but the newspaper on one account called her Mrs. Nelson where on the other articles she is Miss. 

I wonder where she went after she was paroled.

I made her a tree so at some point someone should make a connection or I will get a hint.


Her death is unknown.






Comments