C. W. Caddigan: Who Was He Really? Another D. B. Cooper?

C. W. Caddigan, who was this man? 


According to newspaper accounts his first name was Clarence he was married to a Clara and might of had a son named Don. Lets see what I found.


I found some rather awesome newspaper clipping about him, that just make him even more mysterious.


s

The next few newspaper article are actually one article I broke up so you can read it better.




Here are a few more I found





I never found an article that claimed they got him, or a claim that this man was for sure identified as him. I am thinking because there were no more articles, they never found him.


His son Don took a trip to Nassau, Bahamas and arrived 8 Apr 1926, aboard the SS Munargo (Photo's below).



SS Munargo

SS Munargo State Room


So as I was researching his son I found his first name to be Cornelius and his wife's name was actually  Eudora H Baughmann born abt 1860.

Something else I found interesting was he applied for a passport.

It's dated 31 Aug 1908



Notice it says He's a miner.

Has his birth information also. He was born 13 Mar 1854 in Dunkirk, New York.

Did he use an alias to leave the country or did he use his passport and flee and then his son visits in 1926?

Guess we will never know for sure, but I kinda hope he got away with it, $25,000 was a ton of money back then. 





Comments