Roger Rand: Rape 2nd Degree

Roger Rand was born 30 Oct 1902 in Hague, NY to Arthur Rand (1869-1934) and Ella M Bemis (1869-1928). Arthur was a laborer and farmer, they had 9 children, Roger was child #5.

Roger got himself into some trouble with a neighbor girl.





Inmate #76314 Sing Sing, NY
Crime: Rape 2nd Degree
Sentenced: 15 Sep 1924
Rec: 15 Dec 1924
Age: 21




New York State Law 2nd Degree Rape:

A person commits second-degree rape when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person:

Who is less than 15 years old and the defendant is 18 years old or more; or
Who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally disabled or mentally incapacitated.


I found 2 newspaper articles about the story:


















As I was researching his family I found several of his brothers were in some trouble also.


I didn't find any prison or jail records because they aren't online.

Roger Rand married 1 May 1929 to Agnes Sarah Elmore (1911-1990)
I do not know if they had any children or not.

Roger died Jun 1984 in Elizabethtown, NY


Dorothy Schurer died Feb 1978






Comments

  1. In nearly every case, it's the lack of financial withdrawal that stands out clearly. There are exceptions though and nobody should give up trying and hoping that the person is alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I understand your statement dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean you think he is still alive???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you 100% that none of the four Rand men listed above are alive. I can also honestly say that I do not believe my Grandfather served any jail time for the Rum Charge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for this information. I appreciate your comment

      Delete

Post a Comment