Arthur Dudley AKA J. F. McKenna

Arthur Dudley was born about 1877 in New South Wales, or so he told the Stockton Asylum in 1915.


I found this wanted poster for him and this crazy story unfolded. He claimed to be a relative of the Earl of Dudley, which would by the way would of lived in England. He also claimed to be a sailor, which I do believe because of the various tattoo's he had. He escaped the asylum but was returned and later discharged. Now what's really crazy is the wanted poster says he blew a safe. I found several newspaper clippings that say he stole postage stamps.










He was discharged and free to go on 8 Oct 1919. Was he insane? Who was he? Was Arthur Dudley is real name. He has many alias list on the wanted poster and I researched them all. He could of been anyone. All I know for sure is he may have been a sailor and maybe even in the military, I come to this conclusion by the description of his tattoo's.







Comments