Malachia Allen: Murder

Malachia Allen very little is known about him. He had 3 brothers and a cousin that rode with him. 2 July 1888 he killed 2 men in a shoot out with a sheriff's posse, during the shooting his arm was shot to pieces and had to be amputated. Malachi Allen and James Mills were executed by the federal court at Fort Smith on April 19, 1889. Both of these men were found guilty of murder in jury trials held before Judge Isaac C. Parker. On July 15, 1888, Malachi Allen shot and killed Shadrach Peters and Silas Love.

I believe from reading through 69 court documents that one of his brothers was Zach Allen, Stephen Allen, Gloster Allen, Rody Allen,  and his cousin was possibly Charles Brown. He was a black man and as I read through all these I noticed a statement from a man saying Malachia wanted to steal a cow.

Here are the Fort Smith Documents:








































































In doing my research I found another Malachia Allen born about 1822 in Louisiana but he was white so I ruled him out. I did not find any other records for him or his brother.

This newspaper article appears in several newspapers and all are identical.



I did not find any articles about his hanging. 

Gloster Allen has many records from 1882, 1886, 1878, 1879, 1887. Assault, resist arrest. 

His brother Stephen was also arrested for making a counterfeit gold mold in 1900.

I made then a tree and attached everything I found to them, hopefully one day and ancestor will find this treasure and add this story to their tree.



Comments