Mabel Turner: Murder 2nd Degree

Mabel Turner was born 1907 in Louisiana this is all I know, Turner might be her married name because her prison record states she was a house wife.





Inmate #43114 San Quentin Prison (California)
Rec: 19 Jan 1927
Crime: Murder 2nd Degree
Term: 10-life
Age: 20
Paroled: 3 Feb 1932












I wish the paper would of given more information. Where and who was her husband. Why were they arguing over $20, Did she have children??? Happened to her after she was released? I decided to write about Mable because looking into her eyes, she has had a hard life already at age 20. I wanna know why. It has been tugging at me for several months before I decided to just write her story with the little bit of information I found. Maybe a family member will contact me and tell me what happened to her.

The only census I found was the 1930 one when she was in San Quentin. 

Name: Mable Turner 
Birth Year abt 1906 
Gender Female Race Negro 
Age in 1930 24 
Birth place Louisiana
Marital Status Married
Relation to Head of House Inmate Home in 1930 San Quentin Prison, Marin, California, USA Map of Home San Quentin Prison, Marin, California Street Address San Quentin Prison Institution SAN QUENTIN PRISON 
Age at First Marriage 19 
Attended School No Able to Read and Write Yes
Father's Birthplace United States Mother's Birthplace United States Able to Speak English Yes
Occupation Mangle

Industry Laundry

Mabel whatever happened to you I am listening.



Comments