Violette E Orchard: Embezzlement

Violette E Orchard was born 30 Oct 1878 in Massachusetts to Joseph M Orchard & Clara Gibbs.

She married Harry Homer Bradlee, they had 2 sons.









Inmate #43309 San Quentin Prison
Rec: 1 March 1927
Crime: Embezzlement
Term: 1-10
Parole: 5 May 1930
Discharge: 1 May 1931
Age: 48




She had a prior for obtaining money under false pretense, and was sent to Colorado State Prison in 1919.



Newspaper article below is on her embezzlement from her employer.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/33309382/violette_e_bradlee/



Her husband died 15 Apr 1919 in Silver Bow, MT.

After his death she started a ladies shop in 1919.





After this failed she moved to California.

I have a feeling she was down and out after losing her husband, but she had skills she was a Stenographer in 1900 before she married. She had 2 boys to take care of according to newspaper accounts, but I did not find them. I found an estate notice about her husband in the paper. I am thinking she used that money to start her store.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/33309274/violette_e_bradlee/

I found two other trees on Ancestry but they have very little information connected to them, so I made her a tree and added everything I found to it.

She can be at peace now that her story has been told and even though I don't have all the details I have enough to know her motives. 





Comments