William Gentry: Prostitution

William Gentry was arrested and tried for enticing a young lady named Lizzie Wilson into prostitution so that would make William a pimp. He was a very good looking young man.





Inmate #9498 Kansas State Prison
Rec: 25 Oct 1900
Crime: Prostitution









His pardon came in Oct of 1901. I wanted to write about him because the case was unusual for it's time. They didn't call men pimps back then or the term White Slavery wasn't yet used for human trafficking. Unfortunately I found no solid genealogy information on William which was sad because I would love to share his mugshot with a family member. It's most likely the only photo taken of him.

So hopefully someone will see my blog or the tree I made him on Ancestry and will connect him.

Link below is very interesting history of Madams in Kansas during William's time.





Comments