Charlie Oakes: Steals 5 Gallons Of Paint, Goes to the Clink

Charlie Oakes was born in Peabody, KS 8 Oct 1893. He had a brother names Sam.



Inmate:#9668 Montana State Prison
Rec: 8 June 1930
Crime: Burglary
Term: 1 year
Age: 37






He burglarized a house he was hired to paint and stole 5 gallons of paint. Pretty sure he was going to sell it.



He was in the service, enlisted in 87th Engineers Co. C, on 24 June 1917, discharged 6 Dec 1919. Not sure if it was honorable or not.

Before he went to Montana he stopped in Stockton, CA ( I lived there for 2 years, have family there).

She was arrested 6 Nov 1927 was inmate #7165 in the jail and was convicted of burglary and sent to San Quentin Prison.


Inmate: #44456 San Quentin Prison As Charlie Wilbur Smith
Rec: 6 Dec 1927
Crime: Burglary
Term: 0-10
Paroled: 6 Apr 1929
Discharged off parole: 6 Apr 1930

I looked for a newspaper clipping but looking for a Smith is a needle in a haystack.

He was only out of trouble for 7 months, unless he was in jail during some of that time.

There are conflicts from his Montana prison record and the newspaper, as the paper said he burglarize a store his prison record said house. Either way it's a crime.

I didn't find any other information about him. I blogged this because of the crime, stealing 5 gallons of paint? If I was going to steal something I would of at least made it worth my while if I got caught.


Comments