Edward Davis: Murder, Escape, Burglary

Edward Davis was born 12 July 1874 in Springfield, MA. to William H Davis & Cynthia Brown.




Inmate: #24846 Folsom Prison
Rec: 5 July 1944
Crime: Burglary 2nd Degree
Term: 1-15 yrs




He was transferred to San Quentin as Inmate: #71529.





According to his prison record he was Inmate: #8638 Illinois State Prison
Rec: 7 Jun 1904
Escaped: 14 Sep 14 Sep 1908 
was recaptured and received 6 Apr 1917, then paroled 25 Apr 1936

His alias was George Clagg



This is the only newspaper clipping I found.

He had a nephew named V. J. Strickland.

Edward was in the U.S. Navy.

I searched Newspapers.Com for his Illinois crime and didn't find anything. I would like to know more, one would think a prison escape would be mentioned, but I didn't find that either. I made him a tree on Ancestry and will probably need to do more research. His name really doesn't help, it's so common and you get more hits but I will keep plugging away at.

If you look at his mugshots you will notice a significant change in this man, he looks so different. Sad.


Comments