Hannah Landridge: Grand Larceny

Hannah Landridge was born about 1871 in California.


San Francisco Jail Mugshot


Inmate: #16944 San Quentin Prison

Rec: 21 Sep 1896

Crime: Grand Larceny

Term: 2 1/2 yrs

Age: 25

Occupation: Waitress


Here's her story and man what a story


Newspaper articles I found:






So she gets to go out to lunch with her jailer, on the county's expense I am sure.


But there's more:


https://www.newspapers.com/clip/57079732/hannah-landridge/


Fat Annie has a story to tell the judge about 2 policemen she was involved with. She robbed a farmer of his money and the 2 police officers were there and took some of the money.


https://www.newspapers.com/clip/57079440/hannah-landridge/

She stated: 

She further said that the farmer tried, to induce her to go to Chile with him, and promised to dress her in costly garments, make her a present of a gold watch and chain, and in general treat her as the legitimate partner of his earthly possessions. 



Police officer Rourke said:

There is someone inside or outside of police circles that is trying to 'job' me. I have known this for some time. In fact. I think there is a clique against me. If I can find out who is at the bottom of this conspiracy there is going to be trouble. "My friendly feeling for the Landridge woman is easily explained. About four years ago there was a saloon on the corner of Jackson and Kearny streets known, I think, as the 'City of Stockwell.' A man named Morgan was robbed there by a crook called 'Bow-legged Martin' and another fellow. Hannah was a hanger-on there, and when the thieves were arrested she gave valuable evidence for the State. I promised her then that for this service I would befriend her if she was ever in need.


Personally I think they all had a hand in it and Hannah paid for it with a sentence of 2 1/2 yrs.



Comments